Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Journey to the Crow's Nest

This one's from late April when my daughter and I decided to take a hike in the Big Trees.

We bushwacked off the trail aways and had this part of the grove all to ourselves. Nice little spot for some hot chocolate, coffee for me, and some lunch. As the brews cooled, my daughter kept finding sticks to stir our drinks.


Frost River Summit Expedition Pack and a Kuksa from Alexander Yerks. Kuksa's available from http://theaxeisboldaslove.com



Through the trees I saw a crow fly up to this tree and add something to its nest.


Maybe you can see the nest in the hollow on the right.



Little Sequoias sprouting up in large numbers. Looks like the fire that burned this area helped to release the seeds from the cones.


The Tablelands. Headwaters of the Marble Fork of the Kaweah River.

Heading home we followed the Lower Kaweah River. A grand day it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment